View Single Post

Old 11-20-2019, 02:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 694.82 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireandpaper View Post
Yes!!!
Those were the S-151 to S-158, originally British Power Boats designs. Now the question is that the original designs of Mr. Scott-Paine ranged from 68' to 77" and these where almost 93'. The Royal Navy didn't have any MTB of that size at the beginning of the hostilities. The older German S-2 to S-5 were of similar size as the S-151. Did the German enlarged the hulls or these were of a new design?

http://s-boot.net/sboote-km-dat-s151.html
Can't tell you at the moment, but I'll dive deeper in this subject later on today or tomorrow, because I know the subject of the Bulgarian and Romanian mtb's provided by the Kriegsmarine was a topic on a Russian shipmodel forum some time ago
My source is "Dutch Warships of WW2" by Henk van Willigenburg (Emmen, 2010)
here's the part about the mtb's
Attached Thumbnails
Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-dutch-warships-world-war-ii_096.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-dutch-warships-world-war-ii_095.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-dutch-warships-world-war-ii_094.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-dutch-warships-world-war-ii_093.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-dutch-warships-world-war-ii_092.jpg