View Single Post

Old 11-21-2019, 09:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.23 MB
So here is the wing update. I have scribed (if that is how it's called) the panel lines (which are not yet visible) for which I took my Revell model as a reference. I then cut out two shapes for panels that are submerged. I know they are deeper, but I don't want to complicate things too much for the first model. Then I strengthened the wing with four vertical stripes of the same paper to support it (forgot to take a picture, will show later on). I think that will be sufficient, it feels firm in the hand. I have to do 3 more of them, will update when I do.

Now to the replies to your comments:

@jaffro
Thanks, I will need it! I was also thinking about spray can, but I don't want to buy the whole can just for 1 or 2 stripes for red color in this case. But, I could actually do a base color on top of a primer with a spray can. Will think about it.

@imcold
The lacquer is an interesting idea. Do you spray it on? Thanks for your thread, will look into it! I also used the smaller image and I think the images should load faster for all of us now!

@JohnGay
I'm not experienced enough to answer that for you, man. Maybe someone else here can?

@bigpetr
Hey man, thanks for stopping by. I took your advice and strengthened the wings! Yes, I was thinking about having it on a stand (if the model will be presentable enough) so I will have to think about reinforcing the bottom of the model where the part of the stand would go in.