View Single Post

Old 11-27-2019, 04:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.35 MB
Embraer 145 ??Scale??

Hey all, post number two on Paper Modelers!

I recently found out a flight instructor buddy of mine who helped me get through my CFII without charging me for his time, got a job with ExpressJet and leaves this Sunday for ATP classes. As one of a few thank you giftsI decided to make him a little model to put on his desk or what ever, he wanted my Skyline 777 but I'm not sure I can part with it! So I started working on an ExpressJet ERJ 145 for him which is most likely what he will be flying.

After searching online I did find a location where this model was hosted at one point and it was free but the links no longer work. I spent all day yesterday looking for another place it was hosted free but with no success. So I ended up spending a whopping $3.44 to get it. Oof

I moved the PDF model in to Adobe Illustrator to customize it a little bit, mainly I swapped out the "Operated by ExpressJet, Inc." for a higher resolution vectored version and I changed the tail number because after a quick search that number was registered under a different airline. I took the model to OfficeMax to print and I asked them to print it on 11x17 paper which increased the scale a little bit from 1/100 (I think the origional was 1/100 but I'm not too sure on that.) I'm glad I did this because any smaller and I would have really struggled with the nose cone and tail cone. Plus now it nearly matches the scale of my 1/72 United 777.

So far I'm mostly pleased with this cheap little model, my only complaint is that the 7th nose section was not the correct size, at all, I ended up having to cut quite a bit off the ends to get it to fit, and the connection from the center fuselage to the tail cones doesn't quite match up either, but I was able to do some adjusting and wiggling and make it work.

I'll be whipping this one out pretty quick, who knows, I may have it done by tomorrow if not tonight even.
Attached Thumbnails
Embraer 145 ??Scale??-img_4135-1-.jpg