View Single Post

Old 12-02-2019, 11:44 AM

Location: Lived with my wife aboard a small sailboat since 1991
Total Downloaded: 6.36 MB
Laminating card and aluminum foil

I may not have been clear enough in my first post, so here is a more complete description.
The toilet paper, and I forgot to mention the plys must be separated so you use single ply only, is glued to both sides of the foil. Once cured, at least a week, the foil can now be glued directly onto a sheet of pre printed card. What you now have is a sheet of metal that can be inked, painted, varnished or even water colored. You can't fold a sharp corner, but you can make a perfect butt joint and even fill it with a little white glue mixed with acrylic paint. Your
model is now not only tough and durable, but can be painted, detailed and weathered much easier and better than a plastic model because you are using fine art materials on a paper surface that will accept wet media the same as a painting. Using wire, thin stips of cloth and doubling up joints, your bullet proof paper model can be varnished with acrylic or any medium you choose. Weldbond thinned with a little water can be painted over everything as it dries water clear. The harbour ferries are not fragile, and no detail could be removed without cutting it off. The effort can pay off, as what was once a model to add to your collection is now exactly the same as a three dimensional painting. A valuable work of art.