View Single Post

Old 01-08-2020, 10:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStephens View Post
Greg you better keep the FAMO under tight lock and key far away and out of reach from the four legged furbees and the grand kids. I'd be a shame for it to go down the same path as the others.
Cat is gone, surrendered to nearby local no-kill shelter, and FAMO currently lives in basement away from everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjabraham View Post
Greg, your builds are of such high quality that they are museum pieces. Have you considered loaning them or giving them away to your local library or a nearby museum for all to enjoy?
Phil
Thought of that. Local library doesn't really have long term storage space. The truck museum in Walcott, IA has never returned on my offer to donate some of my truck models for display. Closer museums are all regional so possible subjects to donate are few. The local airport does have a display of airplane models from our local model club members, but it is currently being considered for an overhaul so maybe I could donate to that in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffro View Post
If it's any consolation, mine is starting to fall apart too. That suspension is just a bit too fragile even after all the strengthening I added to it with CA, this model just doesn't like being moved. Every time I pick it up, about 3 or 4 wheels fall off.
While its nice to know I'm not the only one with durability issues with this model, I am sorry to hear you are having similar problems. This is one model I never intend to build a second time. I just don't have it in me.

Guess I'll try and muster the MoJo to finish the Dreadnaught replacement I started however there will be no thread on here for it. Maybe on one of my other replacement builds in the future.

greg