View Single Post

Old 01-14-2020, 02:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.91 GB
Many thanks Don, glad you're enjoying it.

I have a brief window during packing to chip in, no modelling though till next week, and I thought that I would share one of the photos of Campbeltown during her conversion.

I have based my modifications on this and the ones from the Anatomy of the Ship book. Clearly seen in this photo are the corticine decking panels. These were left in place but painted over; The mounting bases for the depth-charge thrower and after torpedo tube; and all the extra bits-and-bobs for the raid. Of note is the raised access hatch to the after engine room and the prominent vent in the centre, these are not provided in the kit so will have to be added. As a little amusing aside, if you look at the dockyard worker on the starboard side, under the 20mm mounting, he is bent over a box. In another photo, this is seen as his toolbox, but is actually given in the GPM kit as some sort of locker!

The colour for the raid was described as overall Mountbatten Pink and it looks from the picture that everything on the upperworks was painted thus, decks, lockers, everything! So, working on the second part by colouring everything this shade.

Be back soon.

Attached Thumbnails
HMS Campbeltown 1941-campeltown_being_converting.jpg