View Single Post

Old 01-15-2020, 05:36 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
The Feathers

So, as I mentioned, the next step was to make up the double-sided parts quickly - purely just to reduce the count of loose pieces lying around!

Picture 1 shows the parts laid out, and ready to join (don't worry about the colour - it was late at night under artificial lights). Sorting the feathers out is easy - like numbers are joined to each other i.e. 1 to 1, 2 to 2 etc.

Picture 2 - Once the feathers have been joined the white edges on either side need to be trimmed. When joining do a dry fit for each feather first, to check how you should position them when glueing so they line up as best as possible.

Picture 3 - The parts after trimming. Use a SHARP blade as some of the areas to be removed when trimming will be very fine.

Picture 4 - The two small tail feathers now need to be glued to the tail. To get the right alignment, line up the inside edges of the feathers to the tail marking. As an example, I have highlighted the two sides to align to in yellow - for Feather Number 1.

Picture 5 - Shows the feathers glued in place on the underside of the tail.

Picture 6 - The top side of the tail.

For the next step, I will probably start work on the body.
Attached Thumbnails
Bluethroat - Johan Scherft-fe1.jpg   Bluethroat - Johan Scherft-fe2.jpg   Bluethroat - Johan Scherft-fe3.jpg   Bluethroat - Johan Scherft-fe4.jpg   Bluethroat - Johan Scherft-fe5.jpg  

Bluethroat - Johan Scherft-fe6.jpg