View Single Post

Old 01-17-2020, 09:56 PM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Fuerza Aérea Mexicana / Mexican Air Force

I start and open this thread to show airplanes and helicopters from the Air Force of my country: Mexico. The vast majority will be Scissorsandplanes models. I hope to follow the next guideline, a historical model, a transport model, a current one and a helicopter. I hope I can adjust to this pattern. I start with something iconic in my country: Mexico's participation in World War II.
1.- Fuerza Aérea Expecicionaria Mexicana-Mexican Expeditionary Air Force.
After Germany sank about 11 oil ships in the Gulf of Mexico, the State of War between Mexico and the axis powers was declared. It was concluded that the best way to do it would be with an air contingent. For which the Grupo de Perfeccionamiento Aéreo (Air Refinement Group) was created and as a base the Squadron 201. In Pocatelo, Idaho began receiving training in the Republic P-47 Thunderbolt. Due to winter weather conditions in Idaho, it was decided to relocate Squad 201 at Camp Majors in Gleenville, Texas. It should be noted that the training was carried out by WAAF women. The same machines used at Idaho were ferried to Texas to continue with the training.
The first model represents one of the 17 machines used by the Air Improvement Group in Gleenville, Texas. These planes only had 6 machine guns. During the training the Group lost two pilots in two accidents.
Attached Thumbnails
-pocatelo-1.jpg   -pocatelo-2.jpg   -dsc02437.jpg   -dsc02438.jpg   -dsc02439.jpg  

-dsc02440.jpg   -dsc02441.jpg