View Single Post

Old 01-27-2020, 01:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Rubber Band Power

Hello,

Starting off on a new project. But first a little back ground:
Last year Aaron Murphy designed a new model around the paint job I was creating for my airplane. The airplane is a Vans RV-6 homebuilt.
Rubber Band Power-dscn2523-copy.jpg

The model Aaron created was incredible, it got me to wondering about using a rubber band to power it.

I emailed Aaron and he gave me permission to use his design to "morph" into a rubber band powered model. It just would not work. Too many glue joints on the fuselage, extra weight and possible weak connections if not glued correctly.

Last week was sitting here looking at the little "box" type model I created to test the paint. Thought to check it out and see if it could be hot rodded by adding a propeller and rubber band system.

Aaron's model and my simple box design:
Rubber Band Power-pict0296.jpg

Aaron's model a little beat up from the 7.1 Earthquake we had on 30Nov2019, fell from bookcase and book hit it breaking off the landing gear, was not able to get it to back on correctly.

The other rubber band models I have designed, use the rubber band and stick to catapult them.
Rubber Band Power-pict0057.jpg

Someone a few months ago was asking me about when a propeller design would be done. Had no desire to do propellers planes, most have been done over and over.

Then the bug hit to do this rubber band power project.

So here goes.

More to follow.

Best regards,
Mike Bauer