View Single Post

Old 01-28-2020, 10:47 AM
Absolute Final Dimensional Contortionist Judicator

Total Downloaded: 398.11 MB
Grail Piece Aquired

Once you get into this hobby, and after you get over the "kid in a candy store" mentality (well, OK, you get it under control), you start looking around and you find there's cool models that are no longer available for some reason (limited release, company went out of business, etc.) and choose to go after certain ones that are of interest to you....Grail Pieces.

Over the years, I've been able to acquire several such pieces for my collection....1/2 scale Terminator, WW2 German Spotter Models, Ma.K, all the licensed Harry Potter kits from Japan....

Well, I just finally landed a promotional model from Japan...PS2 Giant Robo from the anime "Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still." I've been tracking this kit for around 15 years.

For those who might remember, there was a Japanese designer (I can't remember his name) who did some fantastic work in the early-mid 2000s. A lot of his work was free, but he started taking contract work and also produced a few kits of his own, then suddenly disappeared in the late 2000s. He did a promo kit for Xbox for the release of Crimson Skies video game (one I'm still looking for) and the aforementioned Giant Robo kit. Both of these kits were advanced purchase promo kits. That is, if you pre-ordered the game, they would send you a special edition paper kit.

Anyway, here it is...
Attached Thumbnails
Grail Piece Aquired-giant-robo.jpg   Grail Piece Aquired-giant-robo-detail-2.jpg   Grail Piece Aquired-giant-robo-detail.jpg