View Single Post

Old 01-28-2020, 12:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwestforests View Post
Hmm, going to have to follow this and see what develops.
Used to have a lot of fun with those stick and tissue aircraft, loved Comet's kits.
Yes, Guillow's models were my favorites. Built two of these with rubber power: Lockheed P-38 Lightning Model Kit. Can't remember the company name, but had some balsa/tissue kits, that did things.

One model was a crop duster. You filled a hopper full of baby powder, the rubber band stirred it up and a scoop allowed relative wind to scatter the powder like a crop duster spray would look.

Well, the weight and balance was done without the load of powder. Flew fine, so 3rd flight filled the hopper up and let it go from the top of some stairs inside the house. Yep, you guessed it, the powder gave a nose heavy flight pattern with a vertical landing on top of the brand new 25" Mathieson color TV. The impact area included a huge cloud of powder getting stirred up by the hot breath of my mother, who was using all three of my names...The impact area did look awesome with talc powder everywhere!

Miss building the balsa and tissue models, partly why I do all these models I design. I do have a few of the balsa kits, P38 Lightning from Cleveland models, an Ornithopter, and a few small Guillow's and Comet models.

Mike