View Single Post

Old 01-29-2020, 01:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Yoav, Texman,

Thanks for your feedback, all very valid.

Rest assured, the Dutch Air Force also takes good care of their F16s landing gears .

Up so far I haven't really been thinking about this as I only installed the basic components required to fit the internal parts of the landing gear bays. Certainly not finished yet. Donor is the GPM F16C/F16D kit and no weathering is included, which explains for the very white surfaces. Also very few details are printed on the model parts of the landing gear and bays.

The landing gear itself looks very detailed (but also very fragile) and when my basic model is finished (before installing all external loads) I will study the landing gear/bay details more closely how to enhance the model and will likely add some degree of weathering too, to balance it better with the looks of the model.

I will search for details on the internet but if any of you has close-up pictures that might be useful, it will be very much appreciated. For instance, Yoav, you mentioned that the F16A landing light differs from the C/D versions?

The Dutch Air Force flies with midlife upgraded F16As and there's one on display at the national military museum here, written off after a hard landing, so perhaps I'll go down there to study the landing gear in detail and take a lot of pictures.

Regards,
Erik