View Single Post

Old 01-29-2020, 01:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 143.14 MB
Life-Size upper thigh former for Neil

Dear all

Whilst making the upper thigh former for Buzz (see previous post) I got a bit of a production line going and also made the former for Neil and well as the two mirror image formers for the (to be built) bottom of the torso of Buzz and Neil.

So here is Neil's completed former for the upper thighs

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc13782.jpg

This large model has the continual challenge of how to hold the parts together that you are trying to join. Sometimes it is more tricky than others. In the past (at times) I have used so little pegs to hold things in place before gluing

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc13853.jpg

However these are just too small and weak for this model and the thigh former. It required bigger stronger bull dog clips

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc13854.jpg

So here is the former being glued into place

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc13788.jpg

I found this quite a handful. Here is the former fully glued in place

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc13789.jpg

So now begins the (very) long task of reinforcing (in the same style as the shins and knees) the upper thighs of Buzz and Neil

Regards

Kevin