View Single Post

Old 01-30-2020, 06:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhovi View Post
Hello Erik,
It is always nice to receive positive comments about what one has made. It gives inspiration for next projects.
The other side of freedom of speech is that people are also allowed to criticize what is wrong in their eyes. I often do that, trying to diminish the atmosphere of rejection as much as I can and adding thoughts of how things could be improved.
I attentively read Sgoti's comments and I cannot discover any hateful or sarcastic statements. On the contrary, he apologizes several times for perhaps giving the wrong impression of being over-critical. I suggest you reread his postings and forget the idea that he is insulting you. He is not. He delivers useful information more than once.
And if he made these suggestion in an earlier stage of the development of the kit, that would be more than a reason to listen to what he says. I'm sure Diederick agrees.
And even if he were out to insult you, so what? We are talking about our hobby here... paper representations of big things, made for fun.
Keep on showing your impressive efforts of putting together kits (I wish I had your skills) and accept that on several areas there are people with more knowledge about the subject than you have. I ran into that fact all my life.
Ab
Ab, thank you for your words of support.

To Erik's (and others) defense, I can see how my words may have been interpreted as sarcastic.

What is clear in the mind of the writer (myself) is not always interpreted the same by the mind of the reader (everyone else).

Unfortunate choice of wording on my part.