Thread: My neck!!
View Single Post

Old 02-04-2020, 09:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wagenseil View Post
My modelling surface is on top of a 4 drawer file cabinet, so it is just below eye level and I am standing rather than sitting bent over.

I really almost wish I hadn't read that. It flashed into my mind that I could work on things between calls, but then reality hit. If I moved my building surface to the tops of my filing cabinets, I would really get less done for business.

But it is a great idea, just counterproductive for me

As far as the question at hand, one of the things about cutting that has come up, is muscle memory. When cutting you want to be in a comfortable position, and move the paper to make the next comfortable cut. At my work station, I have a chair and TV tray set to where I can do that, with my head in a very comfortable position to see what I am doing. It will take some experimenting to get things in an optimal position, but when you get it right, you will know it. Until you get it right, take frequent breaks. Keeping your neck in the wrong position for too long is probably the problem. When cutting, I find I tense a lot of muscles not actually used in cutting, because I don't want to accidentally shift to a wrong position. Once you get things worked out as far as position, cutting will be more fluid and natural, and you probably won't be tensing your neck as much.