View Single Post

Old 02-06-2020, 11:19 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Rigby P-39 (WSAM)

This one wasn't on my new year's resolution list, but it was started and then abandoned in 2019. so I suppose it still counts. This is the 5th Rigby model that I've recolored/upgraded. It was originally published in the color Sunday funnies on Dec, 1, 1940. As published, it sported pre-war livery - blue fuselage, yellow wings and horizontal stabilizers with red and white striped rudder. I cleaned it up and recolored it as white 446 "The Virginian". From my past Rigby experiences, I knew the canopy would be pretty much unusable, so without even giving it a chance I borrowed one from a Marek P-39Q kit that I had purchased years ago but never built. To sit properly, this one needs some weight installed in the nose before closing it up. The lines aren't too bad, although the tail should be more rounded. I may do a lend-lease Soviet version as well.

Photos aren't the best.
Attached Thumbnails
Rigby P-39 (WSAM)-airacobra.jpg   Rigby P-39 (WSAM)-rigbyp-39a.jpg   Rigby P-39 (WSAM)-rigbyp-39b.jpg   Rigby P-39 (WSAM)-rigbyp-39c.jpg   Rigby P-39 (WSAM)-rigbyp-39d.jpg  

Rigby P-39 (WSAM)-rigbyp-39e.jpg   Rigby P-39 (WSAM)-rigbyp-39f.jpg