View Single Post

Old 02-08-2020, 09:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
I've only ordered once from Orlik and from memory, it took 2 months for the package to arrive in Aus. After the tracking showed it had left Poland, it was in "transit" limbo for a good 6-7 weeks, I'm not sure I was even notified it had made it to Aus.

Same thing with Angraf/Answer. That one went "missing" for two months then suddenly arrived on my doorstep, all emails to Answer while it was in transit were ignored.

The best postage times I've had have been from Drafmodel and GPM. Drafmodel small packages (rivets and nuts etc) arrive in about a week from purchase, my one and only purchase from GPM arrived in about 2 weeks, standard shipping, although they do charge a lot more than the others for shipping.

I also buy a lot of crap from China, Ali-express, mostly small parcels but the occasional large one and it's the same thing... Once tracking shows it has left the country of origin, it goes into that "in transit" limbo for weeks. Usually once they arrive in Australia, I have it on the doorstep within days.

I've since found that Ben Fentens of Fentens papermodels is actually based in Australia, I've already made one purchase from him and have ordered some laser parts for the dragon wagon. He said this might take some time to get hold of, but I'm happy to wait because once he has it, it's only going to take a few days to get to me... Much better peace of mind than waiting for something that's not very well tracked from the other side of the world.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000