View Single Post

Old 02-08-2020, 02:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwestforests View Post
Related yet different - Sometimes making signs and labels for trains and miniatures I've taken small things printed on regular printer paper and sealed them by starting from the back of the paper with brushing on Tamiya clear acrylic paint so it soaks through the paper and in to the ink without brush strokes dislodging the ink particles. Occasionally there was slight bleeding but acceptable for the purposes I was using the prints for. Waited for the clear gloss applied to back of paper to dry before brushing on the front.

Last spring I got a couple different grades of rubber motor from FAI for use in a rubber band powered balsa wood submarine I built in 2005.
Have historically used 3/16 in 2 loops, got 1/8 to try in 3 loops but Missouri River flooding got between me and the test pond and the test went undone.

Yes, the rubber lube makes a difference, and probably a bigger difference in aircraft than in a free-flooding submarine hull where the lube gets exposed to water and rinsed off.

Just for grins,

This photo is great! That sub look like it is lots of fun.

Notice you have a winder. Might need one since getting ready to do 1/4" rubber for a 9-1/2" prop, in two loops for the next phase of my build.

Mike