View Single Post

Old 02-19-2020, 10:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
Thanks for the first person report. Made me remember how individualistic and self sufficient Alaskans are by the necessity of their environment.

Got me to checking the condition of my -45 dF boots - kinda weird for somebody who lives most of the time in sunny California...,

-Gil
Gave my bunny boots away years ago.

For this trip used my new canvas mukluks with some lacross iceman felt liners. Some old socks bought while stationed at Ft Richardson, made with poly and wool blend. Poly to wick moisture and wool to keep warm. Didn't have a problem outside taking photos in -28 drg wx total time outside before and after start was 3+ hours.

Team 19 is at half way point: Nome, Alaska, daughter is there got good video of first team to arrive, and when Travis got in late last night.

Doing good: was in 10th place for a short while, now standing at 13th as everyone is having forced layover. Lost 4-hours on repairs and is in front of quite a few teams. Avg dist each day is 522 miles.

The 2020 Irondog has GPS Tracking available. https://track.irondograce.org/
Rubber Band Power-half-way-map.jpg

Has the leaderboard available on-line, and you can check all the racer's specs on-line as well.
Rubber Band Power-screenshot-half-way-point.jpg

Shows their speed levels and time sustained, and elevation
Rubber Band Power-david-half-way-point.jpg

Rubber Band Power-speed-plot.jpg

One racer with a collar bone broke in 4-places rode 50-miles to get to Kotzebue.

Next Saturday, flying to Anchorage, getting in rental car and driving to Big Lake for the Finish.

More shoveling to do outside, got 3-more inches of snow last night. Then will start building P51 Model.

Mike

Last edited by mbauer; 02-19-2020 at 10:21 AM.