View Single Post

Old 02-25-2020, 12:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Cool

Time to update this thread. In Brazil at the height of the heat we are also at the height of Carnival with the parades of samba schools in Rio de Janeiro and in other cities in Brazil with street blocks and balls celebrating Carnival. It is usually the biggest Brazilian holiday as I said before, even time that people dedicate to spending days at the beach. As my wife broke her foot, and also since we moved recently, I took advantage of the Holiday to dedicate myself to assembling some Scissors and Planes models, which should happen until next Sunday, because later I return to the models that I am testing for Aaron.

I chose to start two unpublished repaints of friend Garry (Rata) of the beloved DHC-1 Chipmunk. The versions are at least unusual and little seen, as they depicted two Arab Chipmunks, one from the Royal Egyptian Air Force and another from the Royal Iraqi Air Force in the early 1950s, when these countries were still under British military influence.

The models are quite simple to be built with few pieces, I applied my usual techniques for the construction of scissors models, laminating the wheels with hard cardboard, laminating the formers and adding fillets on the wings. The only missing detail that I made with cardboard painted in the appropriate colors was the engine exhaust.