View Single Post

Old 02-29-2020, 12:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.35 MB
I’ve had a few requests for the copy I have. I’m not sure whether I can share it or not, I can’t seem to find who created the model so I’m thinking it may have just been forgotten by now and as I mentioned above the only place I can find it online is a Russian website and I’m pretty sure that’s not the original creator. I’d love to share my updated vectored copy but I want to make sure I’m not violating any original work copyright first.

Anyway here’s a couple pictures of today’s update. I’m not sure I did a great job on the main landing gear bay because when I test fitted it it seemed unusually large, so I had to trim it down quite a bit and it lost some of its precise, smooth look in the process. I’m also not sure I did the tail 100% correct but with no instructions I’m just making educated guesses at this point haha.

I have to say though I’m really quite pleased with the new grey color, and the matte look the ink jet printer creates. I’ve pretty much exclusively used laser jet for all of my models and they come out shiny of course. All that said I’m still planning to put a high gloss Krylon coat over this to protect it and blend my shiny glue spillage in.

Also sorry for the pictures rotating. One of these days I’ll remember to take my pictures in landscape and not portrait!
Attached Thumbnails
KC-135 Stratotanker-c36f095f-cea5-435c-ac1f-a907e3dce9ff.jpg   KC-135 Stratotanker-acfe5f57-73e3-48c6-8b40-10cb751385cd.jpg