View Single Post

Old 03-01-2020, 12:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
Curtiss XP-55 Ascender 1:33 [Orlik]

I am reporting the progress of my build on the XP-55 Ascender from Orlik, which is part of Orlik's series of 'less famous' WWII/experimental aircraft. I particularly love pusher canard configurations, and the XP-55 is a beautiful, albeit historically underwhelming aircraft. This build comes as I conclude work on Orlik's Seafang F32 (damn I forgot to post that one, another day perhaps). That build had been enjoyable for most part, but also comes with a number of difficult moments. That got me prepared for what was to come in this build, well, sort of.

The model itself is of very standard quality from the era it was printed. Computer-drawn, solid colours, no weathering or effects. Paper and print quality is good. It comes with absolutely the most stellar hand-drawn instruction diagram I have ever seen in a cardmodel. Forget Fly or Halinski, this is the pinnacle in quality. The model is also bound with a full sheet of black-and-white poster of the cover image, though its purpose is unclear.
Attached Thumbnails
Curtiss XP-55 Ascender 1:33 [Orlik]-img_20191029_233003.jpg