View Single Post

Old 03-11-2020, 03:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
Thanks, Sergio, thanks, Mike!
The inboard struts are made, helped with stalks of grass to give it volume. The arrester hook was placed, too.
The model allows to place the arrester hook extended, if you like.
Placed the landing lights... some planes have only the port light, some both. I believe that the Mk II model had just one.
I've been curiout for some days about the exagerated size of the plane. So I took a rule, and there is a difference between the real size and my model. A difference around 4 milimeters, less than 2%. It means that the real plane WAS big.
What now? Definitely the engine.
Ah! By the way, the Q of Queenie was lost on January 10, 1941, when a squadron of Stukas bombed the HMS Illustrious while the Swordfish was attempting to land. The plane was filled of bullet holes and one wing support sheared, so Lt Lamb had to ditch the plane near a destroyer.
Unfortunatelly, the plane was carrying a deep charge, and once the plane reached the predermined depth, the charge exploded. At that moment, the crew of the plane was on board of the HMS Juno, so there was nobody hurt.
Attached Thumbnails
My 1/72 scale planes 2nd part-dsc05377.jpg   My 1/72 scale planes 2nd part-dsc05381.jpg   My 1/72 scale planes 2nd part-dsc05382.jpg   My 1/72 scale planes 2nd part-dsc05383.jpg   My 1/72 scale planes 2nd part-dsc05386.jpg