View Single Post

Old 03-14-2020, 02:45 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
I have now finished the first large section of the château which involved making the roof along with the small roofs which are attached to the gables. After attaching the roof to the building and gluing the back of the dormer windows to small roofs, I made and attached the chimneys. The next section that I will assemble will be the long structure that goes across the river.

Unfortunately, due to the coronavirus, we will not be taking our French Viking River cruise in May as planned and will not be able to see this model which is part of an extension tour at the end of the cruise. Fortunately, we have been able to reschedule for October. Our original booking was for October 2019 but had to reschedule it for this May because of my wife’s knee surgery.

Our prayer is that all of you will be safe and remain well since this virus is affecting each one of you, no matter what country you dwell in. Since most of us are quarantined in, it will be a good time to build a lot of paper models.

It would be interesting for those of you reading this to let the rest of us know how you are doing during this uncertain time.

We are doing well. All of the Episcopal churches in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC are closed for at least two weeks, as well as the schools, museums and concert halls. We live in Maryland and are less than 20 miles from both Virginia and DC We have canceled all of our appointments and other activities, so we are not going anywhere for the next two weeks and maybe longer.

Please stay well, yourselves
Attached Thumbnails
-1-img_0017.jpg   -2-img_0018.jpg   -3-img_0019.jpg   -4-img_0021.jpg   -5-img_0022-001.jpg  

-7-img_0025-001.jpg   -8-img_0026.jpg