View Single Post

Old 03-19-2020, 07:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
And the engine was glued and is drying up now.
The cowl... the cowl was a pain in the "head". I had to rebuild it twice. My fault, I glued parts of the cowl inverted or in the wrong location.
Thanks to saint-print-everything-twice, at last it's assembled. Had to apply a layer of varnish and sand it to obtain the rounded aspect.
Now the landing gear, or at least the landing struts, are required.
If you have been readint this trend, you know that I've had problems finding information of the "Q" of Queenie on the Taranto raid. Two days ago I found this page https://modelingmadness.com/review/a...ichaelsswf.htm
and if you read the bottom of the page, you'll find that Charles Lamb was in Taranto but not in his plane.
He was, trully, just for one day, piloting the 5B of the 819 Squadron, the one I was using as a guide at the beginning of the assembly in the Matchbox instructions (top half). I'm finding it funny! Surprise!
Anyway. I said I'll do the "Q" of Queenie and that's the plane I'll do.
So, engine ready, going to the next part
Attached Thumbnails
My 1/72 scale planes 2nd part-swordfish-dsc05449-1-.jpg   My 1/72 scale planes 2nd part-swordfish-dsc05449-2-.jpg   My 1/72 scale planes 2nd part-swordfish-dsc05449-3-.jpg   My 1/72 scale planes 2nd part-stringbag-sword02.jpg