View Single Post

Old 03-28-2020, 02:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.08 MB
Thanks Beachead. It really hasn't been all that much work up until half way through the hull planking. I have to progress more carefully now with the planking. But, it's coming along.

While waiting on paint and glue to dry, I went ahead and started to work on the sail. It's one large square sail with a bonnet laced below, effectively creating on larger sail.

I started painting the sail using the mixture described in the instructions. The color comes out quite well, like weathered cotton cloth. This, like other paint, was thinned down, so it wouldn't hide the printed (laser-etched?) lines in the cloth.

Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_0532.jpg

The sail also has a shield painted on it and a pattern on the sides of the sail. The instructions weren't quite as clear on the mixture for the red coloring. I think it was trying to say to mix in the sail color mixture with the red. I did that and added a touch of black paint.

Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_0533.jpg Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_0534.jpg Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_0535.jpg Bremen Cog - 1/72 scale Shipyard kit-img_0539.jpg

Enjoyed the construction break doing the painting. Took me a couple days to finish it up.

Blog: shipmodeler.wordpress.com