View Single Post

Old 04-12-2020, 09:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 720.98 MB
Pic 25: Funnels - Dressed the white edges and a little bit on the tabs as well.
Pic 26: Shaped the sides by rolling them between a tube and foam rubber.
Also - below it you can see a shape which will fit on the inside (unprinted face) of the ships side at the stern - dressed it in black so it theres any gap remaining after gluing it will be hard to see as opposed to leaving it white.
Pic 27: Same effect at the bow. I believe rolling the paper gives a very nice smooth curve. I was able to flatten it and redo this several times to get the right angle of twist into it and enough twist at the right point that it lies happily on the hull side with minimal nudging.
You can just see the front of the superstructure peeping out from beneath the side. It should be covered by the side but at this point its not glued of course.
Pic 28: Same situation at the stern. Maybe a little too much twist at the end which is why its not lying on the sides???
Pic 29: Same at the bow - view looking down into it this time, I'm getting nervous now - you can tell by the amount of jigging and rejigging and multitudinous pictures I'm taking!!!
Pic 30: Ooops - bit too much gusto with dressing this part with the balck on the outside. No big drama.
Pic 31: The 'insides' of the bow and stern were shaped as well, before gluing to their spots.
Feeling reasonably ok at this point.
Pic 32: Same from above - ready to go I think. Deep breath!!
Pic 33: Dressed the stern as ell before gluing.
Pic 34: You can see the cardeck is perfectly flat - glued using UHU. You can see the bottom isn't - used Kittifix PVA.
Pic 35: Fixed in place at the stern using UHU. Getting happy using the UHU now, despite the 'strings' that come off with it!
As you can see, it fitted exactly at the top, but it was short at the bottom. I'm perplexed, though I did see this was going to happen before I glued it in position. So I'm glad I had the forethought to dress it first. Looks ok?? Ish????!!
Attached Thumbnails
JSC Models - 'BUTE' Scottish Passenger Ferry-img_2560.jpg   JSC Models - 'BUTE' Scottish Passenger Ferry-img_2563.jpg   JSC Models - 'BUTE' Scottish Passenger Ferry-img_2564.jpg   JSC Models - 'BUTE' Scottish Passenger Ferry-img_2565.jpg   JSC Models - 'BUTE' Scottish Passenger Ferry-img_2566.jpg  

JSC Models - 'BUTE' Scottish Passenger Ferry-img_2567.jpg   JSC Models - 'BUTE' Scottish Passenger Ferry-img_2568.jpg   JSC Models - 'BUTE' Scottish Passenger Ferry-img_2569.jpg   JSC Models - 'BUTE' Scottish Passenger Ferry-img_2570.jpg   JSC Models - 'BUTE' Scottish Passenger Ferry-img_2571.jpg  

JSC Models - 'BUTE' Scottish Passenger Ferry-img_2572.jpg