View Single Post

Old 04-12-2020, 10:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 720.98 MB
Pic 56: Ok – trouble. Here it is with no adjustment.
Pic 57: Here with the top of the stbd just nudged onto the port.
Pic 58: … And the tabs at the bottom more-or-less held in place.
Pic 59: Dry fit the fo’cs’l deck. – Theres part 21 sticking out!!! Ugh!!
It should’ve been attached at the bottom part, not at the cardeck. But it really doesn’t look like that!
Pic 60: Tried my luck peeling it off – nope!

Ok - not sure what went wrong. Seems by the shape of the 'm' that I now have, that pushing the bow to be more 'flat nosed' than it currently is would take some out of it.
But the fo'sc'le deck itself is just a standard sheet, no reinforcing at all, so it can't really lend itself to helping the shape of the side parts. I think I did the right thing shaping both the outside parts and the inside parts individually, before gluing them together.
Maybe I should have worked and worked and worked at that rolling to get them perfectly aligned and flush against the sides individually before gluing? But I still doubt if that would have given the desired result....
I can still try to bend the sides as they are, more flat nosed at the join.
Once dried, I could also take a bit more of the 'm' out by drawing the black line accross the middle of the 'm' and possibly trim (but how exactly?) the tops of the white parts. Just use a new blade - and be careful!

I seem to recall this dilemma with both OLDENBURG and MARY ARCTICA, though not so stark.

Musn't be the first to have this result - Any tips?
Comments and suggestions gratefully appreciated!!
Attached Thumbnails
JSC Models - 'BUTE' Scottish Passenger Ferry-img_2624.jpg   JSC Models - 'BUTE' Scottish Passenger Ferry-img_2625.jpg   JSC Models - 'BUTE' Scottish Passenger Ferry-img_2626.jpg   JSC Models - 'BUTE' Scottish Passenger Ferry-img_2627.jpg   JSC Models - 'BUTE' Scottish Passenger Ferry-img_2628.jpg