View Single Post

Old 04-28-2020, 09:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Very nice job, Niki. All your models always look exceptional clean and precisely built.

I didn't know much about the XV-15 until I saw your model. I don't want to sidetrack your thread, but I found an image of an XV-15 painted in U.S. Coast Guard colors in September 1999. The XV-15 doesn't seem to be in Murph's current inventory, and I wonder if it could be resurrected in the USCG markings, or if Murph ever made one in those markings.

This is the caption of the image in Wiki at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_X...03NA_USCG.jpg:

"The Bell Textron XV-15 Tiltrotor aircraft prepares to land on the lawn of the Pentagon. The Tiltrotor, painted in Coast Guard colors, was part of the Pentagon Tiltrotor Technology Presentation sponsored by the U.S. Marine Corps in Washington, DC. Bell Textron is partnered with Lockhead-Martin as one of three teams hired to design surface, air and information technology systems for the 21st century Coast Guard. (USCG Photo by PA3 Bridget Hieronymus)"

The "Lockhead-Martin" typo is interesting, since the original name of Lockheed was Loughead.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Bell XV-15 - Murph's Models-1024px-xv-15_n703na_uscg.jpg