View Single Post

Old 05-03-2020, 11:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 31.19 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanners View Post
I guess we need to find some screen caps. I found some illustrations online that show six flaps and six stays, but for some reason, something is not letting me upload the photos right now.

Here's a URL for one of the illustrations: https://www.deviantart.com/azzecco/a...anse-824712485

No idea how "accurate" it is....

I swear this ship is like one of those impossible structures. some of the parts just shouldn't work they way they do in the real world. Anyway I decided to throw this together from the tech diagram. I've had to do a little extrapolation on the right side of the image but I am assuming that the left and right layouts match

looking at that alongside the Blender model I can't find how the diagram they have there works with any less than 8 stays. Unless of course they use a truly odd layout on the right side of the model.

The image you posted does indeed have 6 stays, but look at the engine bell flap locations. They have flaps located dead centre top and bottom where as the image above has them offset either side of dead centre.

Lol you gotta love the ships in The Expanse, no two ships ever seem to be quite the same, even the stringent exact ism of the MCRN results in ships that are all a little bit different. Coming from Trek where every ship is identical bar the name and registry number this makes for a refreshing if not annoying, from a designers point of view, change!

This is the only in show image of the back end of a Morrigan class

It's taken from when one passes the Arboghast on it's decent in to Venus and shows exactly none the detail I really need

Anyway I am going with the 6 bell flaps and 8 stays for now. Of course that may change depending on how the build goes.

I had to redo the engine bell totally as the previous version didn't have enough faces to allow even splitting in to 6. Also add some tweaks and details along with a slight tweak and scale of the stay covers / mounts.