View Single Post

Old 05-05-2020, 04:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 451.36 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petestein View Post
Thanks for clearing up the matter. I thought GIMP was similar to Photoshop, not Illustrator or Inskcape. Is Inkscape similar to Coreldraw??. I've heard that several people also use CorelDraw for laser cutting machines. But CorelDraw costs a fortune. As a matter of fact, the machines include an old version of CorelDraw which nobody uses because Inkscape is much better. And now I see why you posted Inkscape news here, as you say, is more than appropriate. Thanks again!!
Yes, GIMP Is raster-based, like Photoshop, while Inkscape, like Illustrator and Corel Draw, is vector-based. GIMP and Inkscape are certainly not integrated, but make a natural pair - however, Inkscape's filters and live path effects mean I've been using GIMP less and less. Inkscape is very general and by no means tied to CnC hardware.
I'm using 1.0rc1 (release candidate, i.e., post-beta), but have not tried the features announced. I expect changes to be incremental, unlike the jump from 0.48 to 0.92, which gave tremendous speed and memory benefits.