View Single Post

Old 05-13-2020, 02:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.59 MB
Looking good! Blender is great, I use it myself, but one reason your quite powerful cpu and gpu are struggling is because Blender hasn't figured out a good way to handle undo. It has to keep your entire scene in memory. I'm not technically minded enough to tell you why, but i did run across the conversation that explained it a few weeks ago. As your scene gets bigger and bigger, your machine will get slower and slower. Other software packages have solutions for this, offloading computations and referencing and such so you can work with huge scenes without taxing your hardware so much. You can work with multimillion polygon sculpts in Z Brush, or hugely complex meshes with super high res HDR maps in Maya, and not have your machine struggle like it would if you had the same thing in Blender.
The workaround I use is to break complex scenes into separate files to detail out, then bring the pieces back together without all the baggage of things like both hi and lo res versions of meshes, maps that dont apply to the part you are working with, etc.