View Single Post

Old 05-15-2020, 06:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 18.58 MB
Preparing the lower hull for plating. I prefer to add additional support to prevent the skeletor look often seen on these models. The placement of the wood is two fold, it supports the bend and also the frames when sanding the bevel required for the plates. I though of going full solid like I recently did with the cruise build group including Mogami, Nachi, Salt Lake City, and Zara all of which turned out nearly flawless. However with the simple shape of the hull and the quality of this model I decided to use classic plating.

Hopefully by Sunday I will have the lower hull plated.

I really like the plate edges being printed on the opposite side of the color, great little detail. It makes finding the cut lines so easy.
Attached Thumbnails
USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-img_1738.jpg   USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-img_1739.jpg   USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-img_1740.jpg   USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-img_1741.jpg   USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-img_1742.jpg  

USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-img_1744.jpg   USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-img_1745.jpg   USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-img_1746.jpg   USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-img_1749.jpg   USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-img_1751.jpg  

USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-img_1752.jpg