View Single Post

Old 05-16-2020, 03:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 604.42 MB
Some very nice comments here, thank you all. The wheel spats were built up out of four layers of 1mm card with the full profile glued onto the outer faces and the inner two hollowed out for the wheels; the outer edge was then carefully shaped, sanded with fine sandpaper, coated with pva, sanded again and then painted with gouache. Same procedure for the wheels, of which only half needs doing since slightly more than half is concealed within the spats. Final coats of fixative spray (Rustoleum clear matt) to give a gloss finish after adding the printed overlays which cover the flat sides of the spats.

Strange about the Farman F220 with the same engine arrangement but a far longer and more successful service life; however, even if the engine overheating/plug fouling etc. problems on the F 32 could have been solved, the wooden wing issue arising after the widely publicised crash of an F 10A in 1931 meant an end to the traditional Fokker design in America.

I'll be sorting the drawings out presently, removing my "workings out" and trying to make them a bit more comprehensible to others! I will put them in forum downloads and I assume I send them to a moderator first for clearance?

Chris