View Single Post

Old 05-17-2020, 08:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 264.09 MB
Boeing 787 flex wing in flight, an attempt

The new generations of composite aircraft, such as the Boeing 787 and the Airbus 350, show a remarkable flexibility of the wings in flight, see pic 1. So of course I wanted to see, if I can reproduce that in a paper model. It would be more realistic than straight wings.
First, I obtained the model of the KLM 787-10 by Taimodels from E-cards.
This is an affordable, and reasonable accurate model of the -10. Especially the shape of the nose is striking. The logo of KLM 100 years is a nice detail.
Since the construction of the fuselage is straightforward and not very complicated, I will not include a building description for that. The result of the completed fuselage can be seen in pic 2 an 3. I opened the cockpit windows and all the 162 (!) cabin windows and glazed them with transparant plastic.
Next step will be to construct the belly fairing with the wing attachments. I will have to visualize how a curved wing in paper will look like. But that is a subject for the next time.
Attached Thumbnails
Boeing 787 flex wing in flight, an attempt-flex-flight.jpg   Boeing 787 flex wing in flight, an attempt-img_0024.jpg   Boeing 787 flex wing in flight, an attempt-img_0022.jpg