View Single Post

Old 05-17-2020, 05:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 18.58 MB
Lower hull plated. I appreciate the way the model is designed, as mentioned previously the hull plates are marked on the inside. Fit was decent throughout, not perfect but better than average. I decided not to go solid on the hull mostly due to the amount of wood it would take and current limited access to hobby supplies. still the hull issues will be mostly hidden once painted. The prop shafts were the easiest and by far the truest I have made. I wont add the rudder or blades unit the very end, still can't figure out why others apply them early with all the handling required for the model.

The hanger sections are partitioned into small sub-assemblies making the assembly of the hanger seem much easier. I am about 1/3 of the way through "Segment 3", the aft elevator and 5 inch gun mounts. Total time about 2 hrs.

Can't be more pleased with the design of this model.

Szkutnik, if you sell the New Mexico I'm all in.
Attached Thumbnails
USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-img_1753.jpg   USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-img_1754.jpg   USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-img_1755.jpg   USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-img_1756.jpg   USS Hornet - SZKUTNIK's Version-img_1757.jpg