View Single Post

Old 05-18-2020, 01:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
The second truck step by step

Thank you Ab and Joshua.

Ab, indeed, real springs would look nicer and could easily be made from those small springs one can find in (empty) ballpoints but as this a test-build for a model yet to be published I will stick to the original parts as much as possible. Also, and this should not be underestimated, the paper springs as designed form an integral part of the main body and contribute to its stability.

Joshua, thank you for clarifying the names of the various parts that make up a truck. I will do my best to use them ,

The build continues with the various components of the braking system, on either side of the truck. The parts are small and as mentioned before, I had to make minor modifications to get them aligned properly. Have a look at the real thing for a comparison. Finally the bolster and journal boxes (I would have referred to them as swivel and axle caps but now I know better).

Next would be adding the braking shoes but I'm taking a short break from the trucks and will continue with the interior first, at least for some time. Can't hold my curiosity any longer and as work is extremely busy at the moment I need to do something less fiddly to ease the mind, and something that gives the impression there's progress achieved.

In the mean time the trucks have been parked at the F7A.

Cheers,
Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1829.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1830.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1831.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1832.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1838.jpg  

Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1839.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1837.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_e1795.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1853.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1854.jpg  

Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1855.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1856.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1857.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-bogie_2.jpg