View Single Post

Old 05-22-2020, 05:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
wow...I should make you work harder for these!

Over the years, James Bond has driven many different makes of car.
AMC, Lotus, BMW and Citroen just to name a few.
But none are as strongly associated with Agent 007 as the Aston Martin.

And while we all know and identify with the DB5 as "Bond's car," a number of other Aston Martin models have appeared in 007 films.

This year was supposed to bring us the 25th film of the James Bond franchise, No Time To Die.
Starring Daniel Craig in his fifth and last outing as the secret agent.
But obviously the pandemic has delayed its release until the Fall...or maybe later, we'll see.

According to online reports, the film will feature Aston's new concept supercar Valhalla,
along with the DB5 which is carried forward from Craig's previous films.
Aston Martin has also confirmed that the DB5, DBS Superleggera and Valhalla models will all feature in the film.
And, as is evident from filming in Norway last year, Bond's iconic 1987 V8 (Vantage) will also be included in that line-up!.

The V8 appeared in The Living Daylights, driven by Timothy Dalton as Bond (one of my favorites).
I loved this Aston, and its still a much sought after car to collectors and classic car buyers.
The V8/Vantage came in many different versions throughout its twelve year production run.
American fastback Mustang styling influence is once again evident in another British car, but its a much bigger and more powerful Aston than any before.

While I focused on the hardtop-fastback-rocket firing-ski equipped-V8 for my Koolwheelz, three different Vantages were used in The Living Daylights.
The very first version seen is a convertible Volante(Vantage) that is later fitted with a hardtop by Q branch.
But there are two other non-Vantage models used for filming, both refitted with Vantage badges and License plates to match the first car.

Regardless of the movie's deception, I still love the Vantage in this film...if I was gonna own and drive an Aston, I think I would prefer this over the DB5.
The Vantage had rockets!
And I'm not the only one to like this car: https://youtu.be/-3kEBPikrbc ...a cool video showcasing a bunch of the Bond cars.

Find the James Bond V8 Vantage in the Starcarz section of Koolwheelz.