Thread: E-25
View Single Post

Old 05-22-2020, 10:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 699.34 MB
This looks really good so far, especially as a first effort at designing. What scale is it?

As for the tracks, do you you intend to have detailed individual links? If so, making them can be very tedious work. In my 1/50 scale WW1 tanks, I used a strip of printer paper as a 'core", to which I attached individual links mage by laminating thicker card. My links were solid plates, which made the process manageable. Typical German track links were a sort of open "waffle" form, which might be do-able in 1/35, but a bit difficult in anything smaller.

just my 2 bits.

I expect the painting would be a form of the late war "ambush" type. It used a base color of Panzer Yellow (yellow ochre), overlaid by irregular splotches of Red-Brown and Medium Green. Sometimes, small dots of the brown and green were added to create a dappled appearance. You should be able to find examples of it on the 'net. Bison Decals has a number of color profiles to showcase their decals at: https://www.scalemates.com/companies...?id=366&p=list
I am attaching a couple of examples that I downloaded. I do hope posting them doesn't violate any copyrights.

I hope this helps. and keep up the great work.

Wayne