View Single Post

Old 05-23-2020, 10:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 865.44 MB
Got the engine done! It took some real head-scratching for some of the details as the directions are sort of not there and some of the numbers are incorrect. However, I tried to make it as the kit intended with the only problem being that it isn't really all that accurate. Some of the manifold piping is wrong (I think) and I really have no idea what that disc on the front of the engine is...although I did find some photos of the real engine and I think I know where the designer was coming from. It would have been hard to add valve springs as well due to the design without making a completely new top end, so I left it alone.

I only added the manifold pipes from stretched sprue, spark plugs and wires and the wire guide on each side. The engine is kind of out in the breeze so it makes sense to take some time to doll it up even if it's more "steam punk" than accurate. In the end, it's a nice busy top end and will look nice with an exhaust and radiator tubing attached!

More soon...Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Pfalz D-III 1/33 Scale From Models by Marek (Matt77 Repaint)-img_5366-copy.jpg   Pfalz D-III 1/33 Scale From Models by Marek (Matt77 Repaint)-img_5369-copy.jpg   Pfalz D-III 1/33 Scale From Models by Marek (Matt77 Repaint)-img_5370-copy.jpg