View Single Post

Old 05-24-2020, 06:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
A lot has happened since my last report. A profitable order took some time: we were asked to simplify and change one of our existing models (a Dutch diesel locomotive) into a pre-cut colouring plate. The owner Strukton, a railway connected company here in the Netherlands) sent out 2500 copies to stimulate children in lock-down to be creative - a great idea!
That took a week of full time work. After that, Cor went back to a slightly less demanding rhythm.
As I have written here before, ideas and plans change as we go along. Cor sent me an update, which shows that he has decided not only on a detailed cockpit interior, but also on a floor in the hold in the military version, visible though open doors. This meant adaptations to frames, girders etc - real engineer's work, as someone called it earlier in this thread. Nearly finished. Now the 3D versions of tailplane, rudder, engines and landing gear have to be 'flattened' or devolved into the 2D parts which in their turn will make up the 3D paper elements... Are you still with us?!
Two more stages to go: final layout - always with printing costs in mind, we try to use paper as economically as possible. Also, we pay due attention to the fact that a very small part of the world sticks to a different size paper than the rest (Wikipedia: letter is used only in United States, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico, Panama, the Dominican Republic and the Philippines)
Then numbering the parts and making instruction sketches (we firmly believe in adding as little text as possible!). An extremely painstaking job...
Finally coulouring and test building - Erik Zwaan has already promised to do that.
Sop it will definitely be a few more months - but I promise you: worth waiting for.

Last edited by Diderick A. den Bakker; 05-24-2020 at 07:10 AM.