View Single Post

Old 05-24-2020, 10:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 865.44 MB
Evening All!

I got the cockpit done (man...the seat fit in an "interesting" way...lots of head scratching on that one!) and started fitting all the fuselage skins to the balsa formers. These are all just friction fit for now to make sure things will line up. Little bits are sanded here, sanded there...and you end up with a nice final product. In this case, this is the first paper model I've made that just butt joins the fuselage formers to each other. This is a bit dicey to me as the matches need to be very, very accurate or you get an unsightly lump or Grand Canyon gap. On the other models I've made with convex bodies, you use formers and tabs and the tabs allow skins to slide together. Hard to explain but this one needs extra care. So my skins are glued, but the cross section shapes are just fitting for show!

Steady as she goes!

More soon...Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Pfalz D-III 1/33 Scale From Models by Marek (Matt77 Repaint)-img_5373-copy.jpg   Pfalz D-III 1/33 Scale From Models by Marek (Matt77 Repaint)-img_5374-copy.jpg   Pfalz D-III 1/33 Scale From Models by Marek (Matt77 Repaint)-img_5375-copy.jpg   Pfalz D-III 1/33 Scale From Models by Marek (Matt77 Repaint)-img_5376-copy.jpg  

Last edited by smithdr; 05-24-2020 at 11:00 PM. Reason: missed something