View Single Post

Old 05-26-2020, 06:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
I'm in a stage that would be seen as a regression or a reasset of the model, while it's really an advance.
And that's it because while assembling the booms and the superchargers installations, I found that the invasiond bands in the original paper model where too small. They must reach to the front of the coolant radiators. So I had to redraw them, and they look still unfinished and badly draw.
Another detail I'm improving is that the superchargers instalation is buried under the skin of the booms. The instructios of the original paper model have a complete lack of details in that area (same at the propellers).
Anyway, and having found pictures of the real part, I proceded to cut the upper side of the booms over the wing, and started the process to paint and assemble the superchargers. As a side proyect, I could improve the plastic model on this place too.
You can see an unpainted oval on the inner sides of the engines, ahead of the wings. It's (or will be) a polished surface that let the pilot see if the front landing gear is extended and correctly deployed.
About the Stranraer, I'm drawing the cuts in the ribs where the spars will go. Soon, I'll draw the rest of the spars, and proceed to make a test. Later, the skin of the fuselage will follow.
Attached Thumbnails
My 1/72 Scale Planes, 3rd Part-p-38-dsc05770-1-.jpg   My 1/72 Scale Planes, 3rd Part-p-38-dsc05770-2-.jpg   My 1/72 Scale Planes, 3rd Part-p-38-dsc05770-3-.jpg   My 1/72 Scale Planes, 3rd Part-p-38-dsc05770-4-.jpg   My 1/72 Scale Planes, 3rd Part-p-38j-20-lo_44-23314_skidoo_53_of_57.jpg  

My 1/72 Scale Planes, 3rd Part-imprimir01.jpg