View Single Post

Old 06-02-2020, 05:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello eberybody,

in the meantime I had wanted to make the priming of the Intertank Dummy, wherefore I had already prepared everything in the next room.

But somehow the hint of a friend in our German Raumcon Forum regarding the "furry" appearance of the tape spiral did not wanted go out of my mind ...
And then I suddenly got the idea with the fine Tamiya Sanding Sponge Sheet, with which one could perhaps mitigate this effect a little bit if one would gently sand the floured ET before priming and/or afterwards with a fine Sanding sponge ...

And that then I tried it out with the Sponge 2000, which I had recently used, while the Sponge 3000 is still up one's sleeve.

In order to be able to assess the effect better, I only slightly sanded half of the Dummy (right).

After priming,

unsanded half,

sanded half,

upper half sanded - lower half unsanded,

unsanded half,

sanded half.

Probably the differences can only be seen more clearly at higher magnification, therefore here again the direct comparison,

upper half sanded - lower half unsanded.

It would also be conceivable to slightly sand the LH2/LO2 Tank only after complete priming and then to paint the entire ET by airbrushing.
Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)