View Single Post

Old 06-18-2020, 09:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Had the same issue when I built the last version of my jet powered paper airplane project.

In other models have to modify the "root" edge to have extra curves in it to fit a round fuselage.

When trying to fit both wing roots together with curve wing skin, you have to ensure all edges are straight.

At that point I would suggest using the wing rib and glue it to the skin at the root on both sides. Once they set up, just glue the two root ribs together to join the two wing halves.

On the final version of my jet project, plan is to glue the wing skin to the aluminum ribs I've created for my power skid system. This will leave a gap in the center that will be open for running the leads needed for the RC controls. Once everything inside has been completed, plan is to glue the center section to the end of wing skins/ribs.

The easiest option for you: Create a joining strip, like AirDave uses to join the wings. Basically a glue strip/tab that is glued inside one of the wings, then the other wing is now glued to the tab created.

Make sense?

I've got a photo somewhere on how I used the joining strip. Will try to find it and post.

So far all the designs I do have been 2D, working on 3D training at this time.

Mike

Last edited by mbauer; 06-18-2020 at 09:16 PM. Reason: 2d