View Single Post

Old 06-19-2020, 08:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 553.70 MB
Hi All,

And thanks again all for the encouraging words.

Don, I had a similar problem with my castle, as I could see that the positioning of the connecting bridge would make or break the model. My solution was to first glue the main tower to the base, keeping the smaller tower free. Next I built the bridge, but I didn’t attach the roof right away, as that gave the part a bit more flexibility. Then, I glued both tabs of the bridge in place to the smaller tower.

After dry-fitting the small tower’s base and the free end of the bridge to find the best positions, I glued the small tower to the base but only glued one of the bridge’s remaining tabs in place to the larger tower. This gave me the flexibility to push and bend the last tab into place before I glued it to the larger tower. Lastly, I glued the roof after correcting some fit issues. That bridge was the most difficult part to fit of all three models shown.

VK, your question hadn’t occurred to me before, but as there are no Illustreret Familie-Journal headings or page numbers on the Ravnerede model, I can see where your question comes from. Tom Greensfelder certainly has more direct experience with the original models and their origins than I do, and his informed answer is yet another point of interest concerning the models of Hans Christian Madsen and Aller Press.

Tom, thanks for your kind comments and thank Alexandra Lopez for her superb build of her Fairy Princes Castle, too.

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog