View Single Post

Old 06-29-2020, 05:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
Thanks, John, Mike, wireandpaper, southwestforests!

Isaac: I COULD make float the plane, I have made paper sailboats. The problem is that the real plane was heavy, just like Isaac said. If you see the picture of my sailboat, you can see the size of the keel. It's made of lead, and even so, the waterline just came to the silver line. To sink the plane where it must sink, I'll need to include the equivalent of two or three Matchbox cars. And if I make a mistake and apply wrong the two layers of varnish and paint needed, or let a small crevice open... well, it would be a very short life for this model.

Talking about Matchbox kits, it was them who let me discover this wonderfull plane.

I started the first test, here compared with a Cessna and a Swordfish at the same 1:72 scale. The Stranraer and Swordfish will have a very similar color scheme, at least upside, and the same with the engine cowls
Attached Thumbnails
Supermarine Stranraer scratchbuild, 1:72-stranraer-dsc05887.jpg   Supermarine Stranraer scratchbuild, 1:72-matchbox-1-72-supermarine-stranraer-pk-601-_57.jpg   Supermarine Stranraer scratchbuild, 1:72-veleros-cimg3887.jpg  

Last edited by Draco; 06-29-2020 at 06:13 AM.