View Single Post

Old 07-06-2020, 02:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Aaron asked me to do a beta build of the long awaited F-111 Aardvark, which in its original scale is 1/50 (some 17-3/4 inches long, or 45 cm) but I'm reducing it to 1/72 to fit in this series (still measuring close to 13 inches in length).

The pics of the engine and nacelles will be of a great help if you would like to build this bird. But of course, you can do it your way.

Aaron has designed a simple swing wings mechanism that swing a wing at a time. I was experimenting to do a mechanical one that will hopefully move both wings at the same time but it was such an ambition that I have to shelf it for the time being as it will take a lot of time to do modifications and tests. Thoughts have also been given to the pinion gear mechanism........maybe later in a modification stage.

So I'm beta building it stock instead of mod.

The misaligned rescue arrow graphics on both sides of the fuselage will be fixed when Aaron sees them.

I'll show more build pictures along the way if I don't forget to take pics of them.
Attached Thumbnails
OBP Planes/Murph's Models in 1/72-dscn1426.jpg   OBP Planes/Murph's Models in 1/72-dscn1428.jpg   OBP Planes/Murph's Models in 1/72-dscn1429.jpg   OBP Planes/Murph's Models in 1/72-dscn1435.jpg   OBP Planes/Murph's Models in 1/72-dscn1436.jpg  

OBP Planes/Murph's Models in 1/72-dscn1437.jpg   OBP Planes/Murph's Models in 1/72-dscn1438.jpg   OBP Planes/Murph's Models in 1/72-dscn1424.jpg