View Single Post

Old 07-19-2020, 03:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
On one of the other sites I visit, created a thread about designing an airplane jack for emergency use.

Once I had a working model, I tried to advertise on the site. It is related to my type of airplane.

The site owner was contacted, after sending in a check by snail mail, I was never allowed to advertise. Now one of his buddies is selling a similar jack, using the same principle as mine. He did modify it quite a bit with machined parts. I don't have machining technology available, mine are simple construction using welding only and off the "shelf" parts. His is more than 1/2lb in weight more than mine.

After over 6,000+ views of my project, the guy selling them is now getting congratulated for the design. Yep, I'm real happy.

I have sold mine on eBay for far less than the new guy is selling his, he has a dedicated customer base, while mine is eBay, unless you know what to look for, hard to find.

My only satisfaction is: At least I know the design works, they say copying is the best form of a compliment!

Not to say anything bad-I do have another plan for mine that he can't duplicate, allowing a much larger customer base.

I sell mine for $125 which includes shipping, his are at $225, the kit he sells has other parts from the airplane kit maker to make it work, it will not "lift" all of the particular airplane models mine will.

Mike

Last edited by mbauer; 07-19-2020 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Other Options