View Single Post

Old 07-21-2020, 03:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.42 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanShort1 View Post
Has anyone here had anything taken down over copyright claims?
Slightly off topic regarding the current discussion, but I have seen several fan made free models being terminated by the logo owners over the years. The McLaren MP4-22 model was taken down from Paper Inside by a request from the McLaren Mercedes team back in 2008 according to the blog, and I vaguely remember two models designed by a designer on a German card modelling forum, a Pan Am DC8 and a L1011 being prevented from being released.

I think the whole copyright concept is a bit obscure when it comes to freely distributed models... And the fact that people generally consider reading terms and conditions a waste of their time makes these issues occur frequently, I guess.

However, I do find some cases seem to cause people to feel as if the action taken was excessive, and as if the big company dudes want to stop a few bucks being "stolen" from them. We really need to bring this discussion into the light, so maybe issues could be more comprehensive to both sides. It would be helpful of the distributors make more clear and detailed explanations before these things start happening..

But as far as I know, I don't think there's really been much fuss regarding paid models... Correct me if I'm wrong...

Interesting read about web traffic and ad profiting, I never really thought about it. I figure there might be people who use bots and all sorts of gizmos to harvest those things and make a considerable amount of cash.

Sometimes, I think we weren't quite ready for the 'net...